LOS ANGELES, Jan. 13, 2016 /PRNewswire-iReach/ – The Global Peace Song Awards, a brainchild of Steve Robertson, Founder & CEO of Project Peace on Earth (PPOE) and Ricky Kej, Grammy® Winning Artist , has called out to Musicians and Music Video creators around the world to submit their most inspired and empowering works towards the message of World Peace.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160112/321480LOGO
The submission process that began on 21 September, 2015 (UN International Day of Peace), will now close on 06 March, 2016. Winners of this Historic contest will be announced on 15 August, 2016 (Indian Independence Day).
Steve Robertson said: “We decided to extend the last date of submission for our first Annual contest because of several requests from Musicians who are very keen to participate but are short on time due to their nominations at the upcoming Grammy® Awards. They want to have their voices heard given the critical and current state of affairs of our World”
Ricky Kej added, “Some people seem to have forgotten that it were the Musicians who brought an end to the Vietnam War. And I believe that it will be the Musicians, if they choose to rise up, who will bring lasting peace, once and for all, to our World”
He also said, “The Global Peace Song Awards contest serves as a search for our World’s most enlightened musicians, songs and videos that can guide the way to peace on earth. We want to encourage everyone to enter! Now, more than ever, it is time for great musicians to call for Peace and reach the hearts of the people and leaders around the World”
Robertson and Kej voiced, “Weapons and Wars can only speak in terms of our differences, horror and destruction. Inspired Music speaks to hearts of goodness that which we all have in common. Great music serves to empower us to know our truest self and express our greatest potential. When music rises to this calling our World will be transformed. This goal of a World transformed into ‘Peace’ is what we have both set- out to accomplish with the Global Peace Song Awards”.
ABOUT THE 2016 ANNUAL GLOBAL PEACE SONG AWARDS CONTESTSong Categories
- New Age/Ambient
- World Music
- Acoustic/ Contemporary Instrumental
- Hip Hop
Music Video CategoryWinners for the contest will be decided based on 3 different Parameters :
- Jury members will short list 10 songs songs per each song category and 10 videos in the music video category. Within the 11 total categories, Jury will select 11 grand prize- winners(one per each category)
- Popular Public vote will select 11 grand prize- winners (one per each category)
- 1 most popular song and/or video based on the ‘Likes’ on Facebook will be awarded too.
The Global Peace Song Awards has a World-class panel of Jury Members that include
- Philip Lawrence: Grammy®Winner and 11 time Grammy® nominee. Sold over 100 million copies with Bruno Mars
- Stewart Copeland: 5 time Grammy® Winner and co-founder of legendary rock group “The Police”
- Ralph Simon: Co-founder of one of World’s most successful independent music and music publishing companies – the Zomba Group of companies and Jive Records (whose artists included Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, Justin Timberlake)
- Gary Nicholson: Grammy®Winner and Texas Hall of Fame singer/song writer who has written songs for Vince Gill, The Judds, Robert Plant, Ringo Starr, actor Jeff Bridges to name a few
- Jonathan Elias of Elias Arts: Emmy and Cleo award winning composer and record producer for Duran Duran, YES. Known for his movie trailers of Gandhi, Blade Runner. Award-winner for advertising music. His “Prayer Cycle” and “Path to Zero” albums feature Alanis Morissette, Sting, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and others
- Joanne Shenandoah: Native American Singer/Song writer
- Randy Copus: Award winning and top selling New Age Composer of the famed group “2002”
- David Joyce: Grammy®Winning singer/keyboard player/songwriter. Has worked with the likes of U2, Neil Young, Natalie Cole, Burt Bacharach and more)
- Ricky Kej: Grammy®Winning Producer and Composer. Award winning advertising music and jingles producer
- Steve Robertson: Founder of Project Peace On Earth
- Tim Kring: Famed TV writer and producer of the shows Heroes, Touch, Heroes Reborn
- Dennis Kucinich: Former US Representative, two time Presidential Candidate. Lead politician who introduced the US Department of Peace legislation
- Jermaine Jackson: Grammy Nominee and founding member of the world-famed “Jackson 5”
- Peter Yarrow: Legendary political/peace activist and musician of the famed folk music rio “Peter, Paul and Mary”
Award prizes for the Grand winners of the contest
- A grand prize of a personal recording session with and produced by Grammy® Winner Ricky Kej which will have famed PPOE musicians like Fox Lima of Enigma MMX social song, Grammy® winner David Joyce, Grammy® Nominee Peter Kater
- Perform by the esteembed artists noted above on a winner’s future song.
- Tools and resources to empower a musician’s career such as album cover art by award winning legendary artists Syamarani Dasi and Greg Spalenka
- A webinar on the Do’s and Don’ts of Music Contracts by Music Industry Attorney Burgundy Morgan
- A premier branding company in India, ReZonant, will build a new website and additional album cover design as a prize for the winner too
- A beautiful commemorative trophy and much more
For complete details please visit www.GlobalPeaceSongAwards.org
Media Contact: Ricky Kej, Global Peace Song Awards, +1-646-659-1635, [email protected]
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
First annual Global Peace Song Awards contest calls to the world’s most inspired musicians to submit their songs of hope beginning on September 21st.
Project Peace On Earth (PPOE) announces
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PRLog (Press Release) - September 21, 2015 - LOS ANGELES, California and Bangalore, India — The 2016 Global Peace Song Awards (GPSA) officially announces and opens its website: www.GlobalPeaceSongAwards.org to musicians of all ages and worldwide, to submit their most inspired song of peace.
Today’s UN International Day of Peace, September 21st, 2015, marks the historic opening of a global call to musicians and music video makers to submit their most inspired and empowering works towards the message of world peace. Song submittals begin on September 21st and close on January 24th, 2016. All Grand Prize winners will be announced on July 1, 2016.
The Global Peace Song Awards (GPSA) was the brainchild of Steve Robertson, Founder and CEO of Project Peace on Earth (PPOE) and Ricky Kej, 2014 Grammy® Award winner for best New Age album. Steve founded PPOE for the global promotion and attainment of world peace through globally telecast concerts of sacred music from sacred sites. Ricky is the youngest person from India to win the Grammy® and is a musical/brand ambassador for PPOE. He won the Grammy® award for his album ‘Winds of Samsara’.
According to the organizers Robertson and Kej: “The 2016 Global Peace Song Awards serves as a search for our world’s most enlightened musicians and songs that can guide the way to peace on earth. There are no age, location or language limits. We encourage everyone to enter. We want to hear the hearts of our planet’s great musicians call for peace.”
The GPSA features 10 total song categories and one (1) music video category. 1) New Age /Ambient; 2) World Music; 3)Acoustic / Contemporary Instrumental; 4) Rock / Pop; 5) Country; 6) Folk; 7) A Cappella / Choral; 8) Opera; 9) Jazz; 10) Hip Hop; 11) Music Video. The website: www.GlobalPeaceSongAwards.org provides details on how to submit.
The Global Peace Song Awards have assembled a world-class panel of Jury Members that currently include: Ralph Simon (he co-founded what became one of the world’s most successful independent music and music publishing companies – the Zomba Group of companies and Jive Records (whose artists included Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, Justin Timberlake); Jonathan Elias (of Elias Arts, is an Emmy and Cleo award winning composer and record producer (Duran Duran, YES), known for his movie trailers (Gandhi, Blade Runner), award-winning advertising music and his “Prayer Cycle” and “Path to Zero” albums which feature Alanis Morissette, Sting, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and more); Joanne Shenandoah (Grammy® winning Native American Singer/Song writer); Randy Copus (award winning and top selling New Age Composer of the famed group “2002”); Gary Nicholson (Grammy® winner and Texas Hall of Fame singer/song writer who has written songs from everyone from Vince Gill and The Judds, Robert Plant and Ringo Starr to actor Jeff Bridges); Steve Robertson and Ricky Kej; the legendary political/peace activist and folk musician, Peter Yarrow of the famed trio “Peter, Paul and Mary”; Tim Kring famed TV writer and producer of the shows Heroes, Touch, Heroes Reborn and Dennis Kucinich, former US Representative, twice time Presidential Candidate and lead politician who introduced the US Department of Peace legislation.
There are three (3) ways Musicians and/or Video contestants can win: One, Jury Panel members will short list 10 songs songs per category and 1 peace song music video category. Within the 10 total music categories and 1 music video category, 11 grand prize winners will be announced. Two, Popular Public vote will identify 10 songs per category and 1 peace song music video category. Within the 11 total categories, Public Voting will select 11 grand prize winners, one per each category. Thirdly, a Facebook most popular “Likes” song and/or video will be awarded.
Award prizes, as outlined by the GlobalPeaceSongAwards.org website, range from the grand prize of a personal recording session with and produced by Ricky Kej; having famed PPOE musicians like Fox Lima of Enigma MMX social song, Grammy® winner David Joyce, Grammy® Nominee Peter Kater and more perform on a winner’s future song; tools and resources to empower a musician’s career (website, album cover art, and more), a beautiful commemorative trophy and much more. The premier branding company in India, ReZonant, who built the GPSA website, is generously gifting a new website and album cover design as a prize for a winner.
Robertson and Kej conclude: “Weapons and War can only speak in terms of our differences, horror and destruction. Inspired music speaks to what we have in common, our potential goodness and peace. Music serves as the bridge between our senses and spirit. It speaks to the heart without the aid of the intellect. When we are touched by inspired music we come to know our true self and what unites us with others, in common love and peace. This the goal to which music can best achieve, and this is the goal we have both set out for with the Global Peace Song Awards. The invitation the AWARDS sends out to all musicians all around the world is: ’INSPIRE US TO REALIZE WORLD PEACE.’
Project Peace on Earth (PPOE) is a hybrid profit/humanitarian company founded for the global promotion and attainment of peace through globally broadcasting concerts of sacred music from sacred sites. The UN first brought world attention to PPOE for its famed 2011 Picasso Peace Dove / Love All image in Jericho which was esteemed as one of the 49 most iconic images (out of 800,000 photos) in the history of the UN. This same year PPOE produced a Christmas Day fundraising concert from Bethlehem for UNRWA that went out to 80 million homes.
To find out more go to: ProjectPeaceOnEarth.org
Contacts: Steve Robertson and Ricky Kej